Junior Security Analyst
What is the scope of the role
We have recently become partners of Skybox Security and Qualys, both leading threat and vulnerability management vendor companies. Our unique in-house threat methodology helps clients get the best value in implementing Skybox Security testing. Our solution is implemented following an assessment of a client's Threat and Vulnerability Management (TMV) processes. To help us expand our business in this sector we are building a team that will assess and design correct TVM processes and deliver and support Skybox Security, Qualys and other cyber security products for our clients.
Successful candidates will work on exciting projects with a variety of clients. Initially our focus is UK-based: however, we have also looking at expanding into mainland Europe, and possibly to the Middle East. Hence the flexibility of travelling is an essential part of this role.
Your normal place of work will be a mixture of home and at the client's site. Occasional travel to our offices in Greater London will be required.
Why join us
We are an agile company with a great 'can-do' culture, a flexible way of working and promising career path. We believe in measuring success by results and client satisfaction rather than by number of hours spent on a particular task. We provide appropriate training in cyber security, new technologies, project management etc. We also sponsor professional security qualifications, such as CISSP , CSSLP and other relevant training.
Skills & experience
The following skills are mandatory:
- A willingness and aptitude to quickly learn new concepts, processes and tooling
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with Windows and Linux servers
- Network routing and switching experience
- Proven inter-personal /client-facing skills
- Ability to self-supervise
- Ability to analyse data and deliver appropriate reports for target audience
The following skills are discretionary:
- Network / security architecture
- Security Incident and Event Management systems (SIEM)
- Good working knowledge of security structures such as, ISO27001, NIST, SANS, ISF, ENISA
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Experience in investigating intrusion incidents and incident responses
- Skilled in network operations / infrastructure support
- Conflict resolution
- Driving technical excellence
We believe that a positive attitude, a need to provide a 'get it right first time', and a willingness to learn is as important as the qualifications and experience gained, hence we welcome evidence of such in your qualifications and school history. However, we would not wish to deter candidates that have not been able, for whatever reason, to finish university or a relevant training course and certifications. That said, Cisco, Security, Microsoft and SANS certifications are most welcome.
At interview you will have an opportunity to prove yourself and convince us that you have the right mix of attitude, skills and experience and tenacity to be a major part of our term. The interview will be an ideal opportunity to show us that you are the right candidate we are looking for.